Low quality isolators kill thousands of nocturnal monkeys each year
A slow loris (a night monkey found in Thailand) was brought in to the Wildlife Hospital of the WFFT on the 14th of March 2013. The loris had severe burns on legs, arms and body and has infected eyes. This small slow loris was probably electrocuted as it climbed a power-line from or to a tree.
Although these injuries are very serious we feel there is still a decent chance it can be cured and the wildlife rescue team is doing all they can to treat the wounds, stop the infections and ease the pain.
Bad electrical isolators and sub-standard connections kill thousands of lorises each year as most of the lorises die instantly.
Update later on further progress.